Design and Engineering
PFI is committed to the design of aerospace components and structures that are unsurpassed in quality, operation, maintenance and safety. PFI ensures that all projects are designed in full compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
PFI continues to build upon its reputation for delivering projects and services on schedule and satisfying Customer needs and objectives. PFI offers a unique combination of engineering skills, experience, and application know-how. PFI’s expert engineering teams excel in the entire product development cycle, to include conceptual development, engineering analysis, detailed design, structural design, drafting and documentation, checking, project management and manufacturing support.
Our CAD Systems used for production design include CATIA, Unigraphics, PRO-E and Solid Works. For Finite Element Analysis (FEA) work we have the latest versions of NASTRAN and COSMOS that determine and display in pictorial illustrations any failures, if present, through stress and deflection animation. We possess a great deal of experience in CNC programming and machining in model-based definition (MBD). We are extremely proficient in working directly from customer furnished CAD models.
The PFI Engineering Staff is comprised of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers; CAD Designers, and CAM/CNC Programmers dedicated to providing rapid design and quick-turn solutions to meet customer requirements. PFI’s qualified team of managers, principals, engineers and technical specialists provide:
CAD - Computer Aided Design:
- Product design, concept design, component design, and assembly design, with interference checks and tolerance analysis for all components and assemblies.
- 3D parametric modeling.
- Production and assembly layout drawings per industry standards, ISO, ASME, ANSI
- Value Engineering
- CAM – Computer Aided Manufacturing including NC Tool Path Generation and Simulation
- Tool Design Molds, Dies, Jigs and Fixtures supporting manufacturing/fabrication
- Prototype Development
CAE - Computer Aided Engineering:
- Finite Element analysis under static, dynamic, linear and non-linear loads
- Stress Analysis
- Noise and Vibration Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Fatigue and Durability Analysis
- Harmonic Analysis
Tool Design various types of tools used in manufacturing include:
- Welding Fixtures
- Assembly Jigs & Fixtures
- Automated Assembly LInes
- Vaccuum Mill Fixtures
- Form Dies
- EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) Fixtures
- Fixture Design and Simulation